The countdown to Africa’s biggest fashion night has begun! Today, we are excited to announce the official categories for the Abryanz Style & Fashion Awards 2022. Classified in 5 elements; the new ASFAs 8th edition categories celebrate a new era of fashion and reflect the new satiety in the creative African fashion space. The Abryanz Style & Fashion Awards 2022 will be LIVE and air on Friday 16th December 2022, at the Kampala Serena Hotel.
“Over the past 2 years Africa has gained a new kind of synergy. The Awakening, this year’s theme suggests we are entering into a new wave of undisputed African greatness,” said Brian Ahumuza, the ASFAs CEO.
The 5 category elements are explained below;
• Honorary Awards:– These are the most prestigious awards given in recognition of individuals with extraordinary achievements and exceptional contributions to the African fashion industry. Honorary Awards are not voted for by the public, they are designated by the ASFA Board.
• Designer Awards:– The designer awards honour creative excellence in the business of fashion design. The Awards celebrate brands, businesses and personalities that have significantly advanced the fashion industry through their work. The award winners are decided through public voting and internal deliberations by the ASFA Board.
• Fashion Awards:- The fashion awards categories celebrate visionaries who have become major drivers in fashion by fostering business and public perception through innovative approaches to fashion, style and design. The award winners are decided through public voting and internal deliberations by the ASFA Board.
• Music in Fashion:- The Music in Fashion award categories focus on the fashionable aspect of the music industry. The awards emphasize the role of fashion in music and celebrate those who have creatively merged both worlds. The award winners are decided through public voting and internal deliberations by the ASFA Board.
• Fashion Personalities:- The awards honour personalities for their futuristic approach to fashion through the way they have presented themselves. The award winners will be decided through public voting and internal deliberations by the ASFA board.
“Abryanz Style & Fashion Awards” 2022 award winners are selected partly by the public and the ASFA Voting Academy, which is comprised of an esteemed group of fashion professionals in the fields of modelling, Fashion Design, Film, Public relations, Influencers, and Creative arts. The complete ASFA’S 2022 Category list is;
1. Life Time Achievement Award
2. Icon Award
3. ASFA Visionary Award
4. Award for Positive Change
5. Best Fashion Business Contributor Diaspora
6. Trailblazer Award
7. Fashion Influencer Award
8. Designer of the Year Africa – AFRICA & UGANDA
9. African Fashion Brand of the Year
10. Business Maverick of the Year – AFRICA & UGANDA
11. Model of the Year
12. Emerging Designer of the Year Menswear
13. Emerging Designer of the Year Womenswear
14. Beauty Brand of the Year – AFRICA & UGANDA
15. Emerging Fashion Brand
16. Makeup Artist of the Year – AFRICA & UGANDA
17. Hair Artist of the Year – AFRICA & UGANDA
18. Stylist of the Year – AFRICA & UGANDA
19. Image Maker of the Year
20. Fashion Journalism Excellence Award
MUSIC IN FASHION AWARDS
21. Fashionable Music Video Award – AFRICA & UGANDA
22. Stylish Artist of the Year – MALE & FEMALE | AFRICA & UGANDA
FASHION PERSONALITIES AWARDS
23. Fashionista of the Year – MALE & FEMALE | AFRICA & UGANDA
24. Best Dressed Guest – ALL GUESTS PRESENT
25. Most Stylish Personality – MALE & FEMALE | AFRICA & UGANDA
The Abryanz Style & Fashion Awards 2022 acknowledge and celebrate African fashion stakeholders on Africa’s biggest red carpet under the theme “The Awakening”. The public is invited to consider the above awards and examine the category that most represents their interest. Nominations will be open soon, stay locked on our official channels for updates.
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/abryanzstyleandfashionawards/https://www.instagram.com/abryanzstyleandfashionawards/ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/asfawards/https://www.facebook.com/asfawards/